Central Vacuum Systems
Central vacuum systems are the 100% dust free way to clean. Pipes are run through the wall, attic, basement, or crawl space and lead back to the main vacuum unit. Throughout your house inlets are attached to those pipes so you just open an inlet, plug in a hose and your system automatically turns on and is ready to use.
Many of us know that central vacuums are out there but don’t know a lot about them. You don’t see them advertised very often. Some companies don’t want you to know about central vacuums because they want you to have a portable one. Portable vacuums last only a few years and then have to be replaced. Since most of us have carpet in our homes, we are forced to buy another one. Central vacuums are like a best kept secret. They can be a great investment for any home.
How do central vacuums work?
A central vacuum has a powerful motor, 3X more powerful than a portable vacuum. It is usually installed in a garage or sometimes in a basement. It is connect to pipes that snake through the walls of your house and connect to wall outlets in almost every room. When you want to vacuum, you hook the vacuum hose to an outlet and it automatically turns on and sucks air through the hose. The hoses are lightweight, flexible, and crushproof. A filter near the motor collects larger objects sucked up like coins and small toys.
What’s Great about a Central Vacuum
- Allergens are sucked right out of your house, never to return. A portable vacuum, on the other hand, sucks allergens out of the carpet but puts them back in the air.
- Central vacs are quiet. The motor is in the garage, so you can vacuum even with music or the TV on. You will love how quiet they are.
- They are easy to use. Just plug the hose into the wall and off you go. No power cords to deal with. You don’t even have to turn it on; it turns on automatically.
- They clean deeply. The motor creates a powerful suck that really gets dirt and debris out of your home. You will love all the attachments that help you to reach and clean every corner of your house.
- They lasts forever. OK, probably not forever, but central vacs often last 20 years or more with minimal maintenance and are a great investment for your home.